Am very excited to let you know that Marta at Daily Exploits has nominated me for my very first blog award! I love surprises and this was a great one to get. The Liebster Blog Award is described as; “ An award to spread blog love and draw attention to blogs with few followers”. So big thanks to Marta I really appreciate the gesture.
A criteria for accepting this award is that I answer a number of questions that Marta has selected, share some random facts and that I also nominate blogs that I like for the award too.
So first up here are some things about me you may not know.
1. Favourite book/book series? I haven’t read that much recently so this is an oldie, but Shantaram is one of my favourite books. (Note to self, go to the bookshop soon)
2. How long have you been blogging? Almost one year. The idea was born over a boozy lunch with my now former work colleagues. A conversation was happening about facebook “……I hate all that holiday photo crap in my news feed…..who the hell wants to see 50 photos?……….Oh, but we would love to see yours Niamh! …….How about a blog?” By the end of lunch we had a name, niamhonleave and a promise not spam anybody’s FB newsfeed with photos they really don’t care about.
3. How attached are you to your phone? Too attached. Have decided to start wearing a watch again. It seems whenever I check the time on my phone, I must also check almost every other app I have downloaded.
4. What’s it like for you to be on stage? Anybody that ever heard me at karaoke knows the stage is not my home, but I suspect it was worse for those that had to listen to me.
5. Favourite quote, or words to live by? I came across this one during the week which I quite liked. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” Dr Seuss.
6. Morning person, or night owl? Morning person, sunrise beats sunset every time.
7. Favourite subject while in school? Ahhh that’s a tough one, not sure I had one.
8. Is it safe to say that you live without regret? Yes, don’t believe in regrets.
9. How do you feel about…musicals? Enjoy watching them and even better seeing one live. However, anybody reading this that went to school with me will know that performing in them is not my strong suit!
10. You’re shaking your favourite actor/musician’s hand. What goes through your head? Most probably what type of handshake they have. There is nothing worse that a really weak limp handshake or sweaty palms. That would be a big disappointment if it was like either of those.
So there you go, enough about me. Here are the blogs I would like to nominate for the Liebster Award. I really enjoy what they share so check them out if you have a chance.
Should you decide to accept the award, below are the questions for you to answer.
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
- Are you a morning person or night owl?
- What’s your favourite post on your blog? (please share the link)
- Do you have a favourite quote or words to live by?
- What would your super power be?
- Do you have a favourite smell?
- What 3 words best describe you?
- If you had to live in a decade other than this one, which one would you choose?
- What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
Something I hadn’t considered when I started this blog was the number of people I would meet as a result. It’s great to hear from others and chat about places and thoughts. Also for me I have gotten loads of inspiration in particular from the adventures and photographs of so many other bloggers.
Thanks & happy blogging everybody!